Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, September 5, 2013

RC Powers F18 and F22 builds

After writing off both my F22 V3 (second one I built :( ) and my F18 V3 (first one I built) in the same day.  I have started the build process once again.

Here is a picture of the after affects...



The foam is cut out for my F18 other than the Kf (Kline fogleman) airfoils, I will be focusing this build on the very, very light side, so will keep a detailed log of weight gains and losses at each stage of the build.  I am hoping to get down to 17-18 oz, I will be trying to use the Mega Jet Version 3 (MJV3) motor and a very light six servo setup, less reinforcement than on my first and a very light paint job.

My F22 I will build pretty much the same as the first two, I love how it handles the weight and the power system, the crash was not caused by any wing loading problems like the F18, but rather pilot error...oops...

So back to cutting foam, will post updates and any new lessons I learn as I go along.

Here is the one and only video of my second F22 flying...she was a beauty...


Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment