Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, March 10, 2014

RC POWERS MIG29 V1 SPEED TESTING

Hi everyone -

It was RC Powers Mig day at the flying field today!  I had out my "baby Mig" (14.5 oz RCP Mig29 V1 with the Focal Price 2700 motor) and my "big daddy Mig" (25 oz Mig29 V3 with the NTM Prop Drive 2700 motor).


I got a chance to do some speed runs with my Mig29 V1 today as I wanted to see truly how insanely fast it is.  I used the HK Data logger app on my phone and got in three good runs of 66/63/59/56 mph.  So I went back and checked what sort of speeds I got on my first V1 Mig that weighed 17.3 oz and had the HK D2826/6 motor with a 6x4 prop and I barely broke 50 mph, so amazing what dropping almost 3 oz and kicking up the horsepower in the motor will do.

It was also the first time in a while that I had flown the heavier 25 oz Mig as I have been flying the lighter German Mig a lot as of late.  I had forgotten how smooth, stable yet fast and responsive it is at that weight with the NTM Prop Drive 2700 motor.  I also realized I have yet to put some appropriate decals on it.  When I built it and first flew it, weather conditions were damp and cool, not too great for decals staying on, so I didn't do it then, but time to pretty it up now that spring is coming fast!

The RC Powers Migs are just too much fun!

Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment