Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, March 8, 2014

FLIGHT FOOTAGE OF MY NEW RC POWERS MIG29 V1

Hi everyone -

After getting too cocky and "dumb thumbing" my Mig29 V1 into the ground at a rapid rate of knots and breaking the nose off during the maiden flight, I did some repairs and it is good to go, even some great battle scars!


At 14.5 oz with a 1600 Mah battery and the Focal Price 2700 motor on a 6x3 EMP prop, the pop, acceleration and vertical on this plane are insane!  But sometimes insane is good... :)



It will take me a while to get used to how amazingly responsive this plane is in the pitch, a couple times I did some 90 degree turns when I wasn't expecting it!  The great thing about the Mig29 V1 and really the Mig29 V3 for that matter is that if I get into a wild situation or attitude, I just just centralize the right stick, it stops doing what it is doing and then I can recover and fly out (within reason...as you can see in this next video of my first Mig29 V1).



I had forgotten how crazy I can get with this plane, so after a few flights, the g forces broke the hot glue joint that was holding my ESC in place... :(  Fortunately no catastrophe, so I stole an idea from Flitetest that I had used recently on my FRC F15 MK2 to secure my ESC.



The zip tie works awesome and the little piece of popsicle stick helps keep the foam from getting torn up... :)  The other added benefit is that it puts more weight away from the centre line to make the roll balance more neutral... :)

Just love this little plane for when I am in the mood to just go out and get some good "thrashin' and dashin' " (crazy aerobatics and high speed runs... :)) done.

Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment