Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, March 14, 2014

FRC FOAMIES F15 ON 4S IS FAST!

Hi everyone -

Had a couple of "heavyweight contenders" out at the field today, my 25.6 oz FRC Foamies F15 MK2 and my 25 oz RC Powers Mig29 V3.


I managed to have some 4S (4 cell) fun with my F15 today, but a bit of a "fail" on my part as I forgot to get video of it.

I am happy to report that the F15 on 4S is FAST!  I clocked 4 good speed runs on HK Datalogger of 96/93/92 and 90 mph as the battery ran down.  Not quite as fast as the Mig29 which I had up to 102 mph, but so solid!

I had a bit of torque roll as it wound out to top speed, but nothing that slowed it down or made it unmanageable.  It is rock solid on 3S, so I was worried a bit that zooming might be a problem on 4S, but I just put in one click of down trim in the pitch and when I hammered full throttle, it just buried the nose and took off straight ahead like it was in pursuit of it's prey!

It is also the coolest sounding parkjet at speed, the howl of the NTM Prop Drive 2700 on 4S with a 6x4 APC prop couple with the wind howling through those big long intakes makes for the coolest howling sound I have ever heard from a parkjet.  I can't wait to get some video shot of it as it sounds so cool!

So far I have not detected a single bad habit with this plane, it is rock solid even at very high speed, stable and tracks like it is on rails!

The FRC F15 is just an amazing plane (at least for the way I like to fly...:))

Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment