Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, October 30, 2014

The "serious" :/ and "silly" :P sides of RC

Hi everyone -

With the crummy fall weather we have had for the last few weeks here on the "Wet" (west) coast of Canada, I have probably been spending more time than is healthy watching You Tube while waiting for glue to dry on my two latest builds... :/  Yes, I know, I have already asked Santa for a life for Christmas... :)

Anyway, there are a couple You Tube channels to which I am subscribed that are kind of at the opposite ends of the RC spectrum, but both informative and/or entertaining.

I have been watching Bruce Simpson (from New Zealand) and his RC Model Reviews channel for awhile now https://www.youtube.com/user/RCModelReviews  It is great for technical type education, he just posted a great video on how carbon fiber and electricity don't mix.  I get e-mail alerts when he posts a new video which allows me to decide to watch or not since there is a lot that is not really of interest to me, but every once in awhile he has some real gems that are great from a standpoint of general education about RC gear.  He also does good reviews on new gear (most of it from Hobby King) once in awhile.  He has done great comparisons of transmitters, etc and is very honest in his assessments from what I can see.  He does maintain a website as well, but it is not always that current from what I have seen.

If you enjoy British humor, there is a gang of fellows from the UK at spocktra50 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNoqABZOzSk74bnPeI1BnSA  that are like watching the Monty Python of RC.  They just like to have fun and don't take themselves or each other too seriously, good for a real chuckle.  The language does get a bit colorful at times, but I find them absolutely hilarious, and they have a great time together which is what this hobby should be about at the end of the day, having some fun (at least in my opinion)... :).

Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment