Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, October 23, 2014

New e-mail feature at NAMC

Hi everyone -

One of our regular followers and contributors RT pointed out to me the other day that in order to leave comments on the blog, he has to log into his Google account.  So to open up greater access to ask questions or leave comments for those who don't have or don't want a Google account, I have opened an e-mail account that both Stephan and I can access to answer any questions or respond to comments.

What I will say is that unless you specifically tell us you don't want your question or comment to be re-posted on the blog, be aware that we reserve the right to re-post any questions we receive via e-mail to the blog in order to expand the educational base and share ideas with other followers.

Here is our e-mail address

scott@migsrus.com

As Stephan is a very busy guy and I am retired and a full time "park jet bum", a large number of the responses to your e-mails will probably be from me.  So be forewarned...you may get one of my "ramble fests" in return for your trouble... ;)

Anyway, we hope this will be a way to further exchange ideas in an open minded, non-judgmental forum so that we may all learn and enrich ourselves further in this hobby that brings us so much fun and enjoyment.

Cheers,

Scott

2 comments:

  1. Hi Scott,

    I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome Migsrus to the FREE web based outlook.com family. Back in the dark ages before cellphones and the internet ( I know that doesn't even sound possible) I worked for a company and became friends with the I T Administrator. He use to hook up the company computers on the weekend so people could play various video games together in a group/team environment. It was an open invitation for those who wanted to join in, and back in the 70’s & 80’s the internet as we know it was starting to become available to the public. At some point he hooked up FREE internet access at my home through one of the company accounts (shhhh don’t tell) . This came with its own mailbox I was getting through the company and he even put a few video games on our first desktop computer just for fun.

    When I left the company of coarse I lost that mailbox as well as email privileges and internet access, and had to get my own ISP. Being such a cheapskate I tried the various ad based versions which allowed FREE internet access ie: Alta Vista; NetZero. The FREE version’s came with an ad banner that would always be on your desktop that would take up maybe 20% of your screen and offered no mailbox for email.

    Back then Microsoft's FREE web based Hotmail was the choice I made, and have continued using it ever since. Hotmail no longer exists and has been upgraded to outlook.com but if you notice the private email address I shared with you still includes the hotmail.com suffix. I wanted to mention that before publishing a comment here on the blog I have six different profile choices next to the ‘Comments as: box’ I can select.

    * Google Account
    * Live Journal
    * Word Press
    * Type Pad
    * AIM
    * Open Id

    talk to you soon,
    RT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi RT -

      Wow, thanks for the detailed background info... :)

      Stephan and I felt that having an e-mail address would give folks the opportunity to contact us if they didn't have one of those options you list or didn't want to use them. The blog gets lots of page views, we are now over 8600 since starting and not that we want this to become an RC Powers forum or anything, we just wanted to ensure folks could have another avenue to ask questions. If they find their questions answered just by reading what we have written, then all the better... :)

      In certain situations the e-mail address may also be more helpful to us and to the person looking for help as we can attach pictures and have much more flexibility with responses. The response boxes on blogger sometimes limit how much text you can write and there is no option to be able to attach photos, so that is where the e-mail address might come in handy if people feel comfortable e-mailing us. E-mail addresses will be kept in the strictest of confidences and not shared with anyone.

      Again, just looking at it as another vehicle to help folks out, share ideas, etc. As mentioned, if someone e-mails us with something we think should be shared on the blog, we may re-post it to give widest audience distribution.

      Cheers,

      Scott

      Delete