Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

RCP Mig29 V4 NAMCV3 walk around and flight video

Hi everyone -

Just posted the walk around and flight video of my RCP Mig29 V4 NAMCV3.  Hopefully the walk around will show and explain in a little better detail some of the modifications I made.  Unfortunately, grey sky and mostly white plane it gets washed out several times on the flight portion, but then you get to listen to my scintillating commentary... :/


I plan on doing another "fly off" with the NAMCV3 and NAMCV2 Migs while I still have the Focal Price motor in it, then after that will upgrade to the NTM 2700 power system and start seeing what sort of speed I can get out of this little beauty... :)

Tomorrow does not look like a good day for flying, so I will focus on getting the pictures, drawings and supporting documentation complete on all the modifications I did now that I know it flies so well.  Those will be posted on the blog as soon as I can get them done.

Just wanted to share a logo that one of our contributors RT designed with our newly adopted motto... Think, Design, Test, Validate.  Thanks RT... :)


Cheers,

Scott




2 comments:

  1. Hi Scott,

    I saw this up on the blog again at work last night but unfortunately my work PC has no speakers. We lost power at 3am so it was hard waiting around for the day crew knowing there was a scintillating video I needed to watch at home.

    I always enjoy the video's from your field in British Columbia. Although I'm old enough for AARP benefit's now, whenever there is a new one its like waiting to see what Santa left on Christmas morning! I'm glad all of the expectations you had for this plane were satisfied, it certainly looked good from my house. Maybe you should consider giving the doggy a little time off though, it looks like you might be working him too hard.. he he

    talk to you soon
    RT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi RT -

      Thanks for the kind remarks, I am pretty blessed to live where I do and have such a nice flying field (although we could use a few less trees... :/).

      I was very pleasantly surprised how amazingly well this plane flies. As I said a couple times, I was a bit nervous that all the mods I made would push it beyond it's abilities, but it didn't let me down. It is definitely the most tight and precise of all the Mig29 V4s I have built.

      Yes, I have been working the little guy too hard, but he is not shy to take lots of breaks when he needs to... :)

      I hope to have one or two more videos on this plane after I swap out the motor and give it some paint. I'm excited to see how fast I can get it going with the NTM motor and a 4S battery. I haven't had a real speedster out at the field in awhile, so it should be fun... :)

      Thanks again for the kind words and feedback.

      Cheers,

      Scott

      Delete