Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, September 28, 2014

FRC Su35 MK2 NAMCV2 ready for paint... :)

Hi everyone -

I have been busy in the workshop for the last couple days, the Su35 MK2 NAMCV2 is ready for paint and then final installation of the ESC, Rx, servos, pushrods and it will be ready to fly... :)


I estimate with a 2200 3S battery I will be in the neighborhood of about 21.5 oz which is a bit heavier than my current Su35, but that one has no paint weight as I only did that with magic marker.  Funny how my ugliest "paint schemes" seem to last the longest...hmmmm... :/

With the cloudy skies of fall/winter rapidly approaching, I thought I would go with this inspiration for my paint scheme from http://www.mars.slupsk.pl/fort/sukhoi/  It was for an Uzbekistani Su27 from 2010, but I think it will show up well against the grey skies.  I had a similar paint scheme on my Israeli themed FRC F15 MK2 and that worked really well against any background.


So maybe another day or two for the paint job to be done, the rest of the gear installed and setup and hopefully it will fly this week... :)  Editing the build video will take a bit of time also, but hopefully that will be ready to go by the end of the week also.  I think it is going to look pretty cool when it is done... :)

Cheers,

Scott


2 comments:

  1. Scott,
    Very nice build. I look forward to your flight report. I have a feeling it will fly a lot like my Mig-35v2. Wish we were a little, whole lot!, closer so we could fly each others planes.
    Stephan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephan -

      Thanks very much... :) Paint job is almost done, should have the whole plane put together sometime tomorrow, hope for maiden on Friday, after that forecast doesn't look too great!

      Yes, would be awesome to be a lot closer together and get a chance to fly together! This one will be pretty snappy aerobatically since it is so short, I think I figured out once it needs to be about 1 and 3/4" longer to be scale ratio to the real Su.

      Hopefully will have final build pictures and will post my build report tomorrow, followed in time by flight report and the epic length build video... :)

      Cheers,

      Scott

      Delete