Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, September 6, 2014

More food for thought

Here is a picture of my friend's SebArt Mig-29.  It has thrust vectoring nozzles with EDFs.  If you've watched the video of YouTube, this plane rocks.   Take note of the ailerons, look a lot like Scott's NAMCv2.  The SebArt has a fixed horizontal stabilizers with elevator sized angled elevons.  The V4's improved flight characteristics are due to this modification as well (my humble opinion).

Here is a another overly of the scale Mig, V4 and SebArt.  I'm rethinking my LERXs on my next build.  I'm going to downsized the LERXs and the leading edges.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephan -

    That Sebart is sure a sweet looking plane, are the LERX and wing shape more in line with the real Mig were you able to determine?

    Interesting how the aileron does look very similar to what is on my NAMCV2, I am finding they work really well. Also interesting how they designed such small elevators/elevons, proof again that huge control surfaces in the pitch and roll are not really needed on all planes. I do like the larger rudders of the NAMCV2, but for elevons and ailerons, smaller is better in my humble opinion.

    Maybe it is the angle of the photo, but it also looks like the vertical stabs on the Sebart are angled in/out depending on how you want to look at it to provide better stability similar to what RCP started doing with the RCP Mig29 V3. After the dramatic increase in stability I saw when I put this mod on the FRC Su35 MK2, I think this is a simple mod to add stability to any plane that has vertical stabs that are perpendicular to the wing plate like the Mig/Su/F15. I am not sure this would work on a plane with angled vert stabs like the F18/F22/F35, might make too many angles.

    Excited to see what is due to come out of the RTMS/NAMC (US division) in the near future. Next up for me is the FRC Su35MK2 NAMCV2. I think the only major mod will be to do the Mig29 V4 style elevons, the only other changes will be in build technique.

    Cheers,

    Scott

    ReplyDelete