Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, February 24, 2014

TIME TO BUILD ANOTHER RC POWERS MIG29 V1!

Hi everyone -

After finishing up my FRC Foamies F15 MK2 and while watching the snow fall steadily for the last couple days in the midst of a winter storm, I decided to give my workshop a bit of a clean up.  Then while cleaning up, I realized I had a copy of the plans for the RC Powers Mig29 V1... :)  I have flown two of these in the past and it was a really important plane in the development of my skills and confidence a few months after I got started flying parkjets.  It is also one of the most fun planes I have ever flown and is perfect when you are in the mood for lots of "dash and thrash" (speed and aerobatics...:))  So I thought, "time to have one of these in my hangar again"!  Besides, I would rather build than clean up!

So, I cut out the foam and building has started!


By using Foam Tac glue and some keeping the airframe as light as possible, I'm interested to see what weight I end up with.  When I built my last two, I used the D2826/6 2200 Kv motor with a 6x4 APC prop and that was a great combo at 17 oz with a 1600 Mah battery, I am hoping to get lighter than that and use the Focal Price 2700 Kv motor with a 6x3 EMP prop, should give me some pretty crazy speed and great pop and acceleration for aerobatics.

I will be repeating the German Air Force JG73 paint scheme that I currently have on one of my RC Powers Mig29 V3s.


It is pretty easy to do, looks really cool and I find that the contrast of color makes it pretty easy to keep track of in the sky.  Weather is staying bad for another day or two... :( , so should get lots of building done!

Cheers,

Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment