Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, February 13, 2014

RC POWERS F22 V1

Hi everyone -

I was cleaning up my work area a couple months ago and found a copy of the plans for the RC Powers F22 V1.  Having also found some templates that Scott Lott of RC Powers made for rudders, ailerons and Kfs, I decided to give this great little plane an "upgrade" and build it again with all these mods added.


I extended the Kfs on the top all the way up to the intakes.

My build -

  • 6mm depron with 4mm paperless dollar store foam for Kf4 airfoils.  Construction primarily with Foam Tac glue, with dabs of hot glue, epoxy, Gorilla glue and 3M Super 77 spray adhesive where needed;
  • Power setup is the Focal Price 2700 Kv motor with 6x3 EMP prop, Turnigy Plush 40A ESC and I normally run a 2200 Mah battery in it for CofG, CofG ended up being right on as per the plans.  AUW with battery is about 21.5 oz;
  • using a 6ch receiver compatible with my Turnigy er9x, rudders connected with Y harness, elevons and ailerons all have their own channel; and
  • all leading edges bevelled and sanded as well as a good sanding all over the plane, paint is acrylic craft paint from the dollar store/Walmart/Michael's.
Cheers,


Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment