Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, February 13, 2014

RC POWERS F22 V1 POST FLIGHT REPORT

Hi everyone -

I am very, very happy with how this amazing little plane flies!  It still has a little of the characteristic "tail wag" tendency that the F22 V2 and V3s have, but it is a real joy to fly in this configuration.

I built and flown it once before, elevons only, far too heavy, I am actually lighter with this plane with a 2200 battery and 6 servos!  Build techniques have come a long way!

I found aerobatics to be very smooth and crisp, speed is not that great, but I think if I trim out some of the nose section where it goes into the intakes, it will be more streamlined.  Also I think the prop slot needs to be opened back further, I can hear the air being forced over the back deck between the vertical stabilizers.

It does not have the "floatiness" of the V2 and does not have the crazy slow speed instability of the V3.  It still likes to be kept going fast, 50% throttle or better, but it is a real joy to fly.  I would have to say in this configuration it is my favorite F22 that I have built and flown... :)

Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment