Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy 2015 from NAMC

Hi everyone -

A day late, but wanted to wish all our participants, followers and viewers all the very best for 2015.  May you and yours enjoy good health and great flying :)

2014 was certainly a very busy year.  When I first started this little blog in September of 2013, I never expected it would blossom into this, but I am very impressed and humbled by how many people have participated in the blog, follow what we do or just have a look and hopefully learn something or are inspired to get into or do something different in this great hobby.

The greatest single event of 2014 was my good friend Stephan partnering with me in this blog.  The ideas we have shared are too numerous to count, but it has taken my thinking, building and flying to a whole new level and enhanced my enjoyment and satisfaction in the hobby exponentially.  A very sincere thank you to Stephan for his participation, support and friendship in everything I have accomplished this past year and for his expert advice and wisdom.

Since leaving active participation in the RC Powers forum in June 2014, I have been able to dedicate a lot more time to this blog and hopefully have been able to share many of my thoughts and experiences as I go along.  It has also given me a fresh outlook on many things about this great hobby and given me great opportunity to do more research, learn more and hopefully share that on the blog.  I am by no means an expert at anything, but have a keen willingness to learn and share my experience with others in the hope that even a small part of what I learn and pass on might be helpful.

The number of builds, flights and other milestones are too numerous to list in this post, but for our followers, please know that 2015 is already shaping up to be an even more exciting year.

Not only will there be more new and exciting build projects we have been working on in the background, but lots of educational information as well that regardless of what or how you like to fly will hopefully improve your RC flying experiences.

Stephan has been doing a lot of research on trimming and setting up our planes.  You can read some of what he has already written in these two posts

http://migsrus.blogspot.ca/2014/11/polar-moment-epiphany.html

http://migsrus.blogspot.ca/2014/12/trimming-rc-airplane-determining-cg.html

Balancing and trimming my planes this way since learning and using the arc, glide and inverted tests has been a revolutionary change in how my planes fly.  It truly allows me to push my planes so much harder with less effort as the plane is balanced the way it is supposed to be, not on trying to get zero trim based on a CG mark on the plans or other such method.

Stephan has also been sharing his research on further dialing in our planes for optimum precision and handling, with respect to how we set up our servos, linkages, throws and expos.  I have read some of it already and again, it is revolutionary compared to what I have been using up to this point.

So as this new year dawns, I am even more excited about learning, building, flying, testing and passing on what we learn here at NAMC and I hope even more people find our blog a place to learn and share their experiences and ideas.

So once again, a sincere thank you to all who have participated, followed or viewed our blog.  All the best to you and yours in 2015 and may you have many days of blue skies and calm winds... :)

Cheers,

Scott

1 comment:

  1. Scott,
    Thanks for the many kind words. It has been an amazing journey and the end result of our efforts is an amazing product. We work well together, yin and yang of airplane design. Here's to many more planes!
    Stephan

    ReplyDelete