Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Teaching myself the "two finger" method of RC flying

Hi everyone -

As I mentioned in my previous post and showed briefly in my flying video, I have been teaching myself to fly with "two fingers", well I suppose finger and thumb really to try to become a more precise RC pilot.

Here is a video I shot describing the process I went through to get to where I am now with respect to how I handle my transmitter.  It took me about a dozen flights to get my final hand position figured out, and now it works really well.


Since it was kind of like learning to fly all over again, I kept my plane up higher than normal to give myself more recovery altitude and I certainly needed it a few times until I got the hang of it... :/

This technique of flying is adopted from the Dave Scott's Airplane and Radio Setup manual available from http://www.rcflightschool.com/

If you are looking for a way to have a more light touch on your sticks, it is definitely worth giving a try, I notice that my grip on the transmitter feels much lighter and more balanced as does my touch on the sticks.  For me it is a much more precise and relaxed way to fly my planes.

Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment