Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, May 23, 2014

RCP F18 V3M3e3 flies great!

Hi everyone -

Playing a bit of catch up today, the mods I made on my F18 V3M3e3 worked awesome!  I took it out and did a bit of a "fly off" with my old reliable 300+ flight stock built F18 V3 for comparison.


I'm a bit disappointed in myself as I ended up about an oz heavier than I wanted to, but it still flies great.  It flies very tight and precise with the downsized control surfaces and the KF extended along the LERX make it very smooth and stable in the air.  I can feel how it is more "slippery" with the symmetrical leading and trailing edges on everything and the reduced drag of smaller elevons.

I have yet to be able to fully assess it's high alpha performance as flying conditions have been a bit too windy, but it still has the amazing slow flying capabilities I have come to know and love in the stock F18 V3.

The reinforcement in the vert stabs got rid of the "vert stab flutter" problem I was having with the stock setup and with the enlarged rudder surface, I now have almost "super rudders", so I am still getting used to the responsiveness I have there.

So I am very pleased with the changes I made and now that the RC Powers V4s are released, I am excited to do a fly off between my stock F18 V3, the F18 V4 and the F18 V3M3e3... :)

Here is some video I shot the day I flew it's maiden flight.



Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment