Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, April 3, 2014

300th FLIGHT OF MY RC POWERS F18 V3... :)

Hi everyone -

Special day at the field today, I flew the 300th flight on my RC Powers F18 V3!  A year and a half ago when I first started building and flying RC parkjets, I wasn't sure I would get to 300 flights total, never mind having one plane that has 300 flights!  Much of my early parkjet career was build, fly, crash, repair, fly, crash, build another one, fly crash and....repeat!

Zero flights -


300 flights -


She is definitely showing a little wear and tear and isn't the prettiest plane in my hangar, but she just flies so darn good!  Although the Mig29 V3 is my favorite parkjet of all time for it's versatility in weight, wing loading, power setups, aerobatics and low and high speed stability, it is the F18 V3 that truly allowed me to take my flying skills and confidence to a new level.  As I mention in the video below I fly this plane lower and tighter to myself than any other plane I have ever flown and those skills and confidence have bled over into how I can fly all my other planes as well.

I shot some flight footage to commemorate the occasion 



I hope to continue to have many more enjoyable flights with this amazing plane, love the RC Powers F18 V3!

Cheers,

Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment