Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, February 15, 2015

NAMC Mig35 coming to skies near you very soon!

Hi everyone -

For those who have been following our blog as of late, Stephan and I have been leaving a few "Easter eggs" or hints about a prototype plane that we have been working on in consultation with RCPowers.  We have been given approval to release this plane for sale and will be doing so in the very near future as we finalize details with RCPowers.

We are very proud and excited to announce that in the coming weeks we will have this amazing new plane, the NAMC Mig35 available for purchase.  Here are a few "teaser" pics of some of our finished planes.







The Mig35 has been the culmination of 9 months of work between Stephan and I starting with modifying the RCPowers Mig29V3/V4 until we reached this stage.  Along the way, between us we have built approximately a dozen different prototypes and logged 1000+ test flights.

We like to think of this plane as the "Ferrari of park jets".  Every inch of this plane has been analyzed and designed to make it the quickest, most nimble plane we could design for those pilots like us who just want to push the limits and rip up the skies with the ultimate scale, aerobatic park jet.  We are fully confident that we have achieved that goal and hope that others will find the same when we release it for sale within the next few weeks.

It will be $12.95 USD, available on our website www.migsrus.com (which will be under construction shortly).  If you have built and flown any of the RCPowers V3/V4 planes, the construction is very much the same and you can get in the air quickly and really start pushing your limits and the plane's.

Dave Powers has flown this plane and agrees with us there is nothing else out there like it for guys really wanting to push the limits of speed, agility and aerobatics with detailed scale looks and serious attention to detail of the science behind making this plane perform the way it does.

So please stay tuned to this blog in coming days as we release some more info, pictures and video of this amazing Mig35.  For a little light reading while you wait for the NAMC Mig35 to be available for sale, here is a background document that will give you in depth information on the development of this incredible park jet.

Cheers,

Stephan and Scott


6 comments:

  1. Scott
    Been following your blog and videos for some time now. Great job!
    Bought a 2700KV motor from amazon

    http://www.amazon.com/NEEWER%C2%AE-A2212-6N-2700KV-Helicopter-Brushless/dp/B00F05SPRU/ref=pd_sxp_f_i/191-4198367-1004357

    Expect delivery by the end of the week. I think it is the same motor that
    DX offers as well as EBay sellers. Difference is this motor is coming
    from New Jersey and not from overseas.

    On a different note, what is you opinion, if any, on Tower Pro servos?
    I'm building the RCPowers F18V3 and don't want to wait for servos
    from RCTimer.

    Keep up the great work.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bob -

      Thanks for the kind feedback. That is an excellent price on that motor, the cheapest I have seen, good luck with it... :) I have used the Tower Pro servos on some of the Mig35 prototypes we tested. They work fine if you aren't putting too much stress on them. I still am running HXT900 servos on my F18 V3 which is a year and half old. The Tower Pro servos are a little noiser and not quite as smooth as the RC Timer ones I like to use, but they will do the job. One of the biggest things to be careful of with the inexpensive nylon gear servos is when it is cold in my experience.

      I take it pretty easy with the first couple flights when the temperatures are down around freezing just to give the servos some time to get some current through them so they aren't quite as brittle. The only time I have really stripped a servo was pushing it too hard, too fast when the weather has been cold.

      Good luck with your F18 V3, as long as you keep the overall weight down to about 23 oz or lower, that plane is a ton of fun to fly. If you get too heavy, you have to be very careful with how hard you push it as the wing can get pretty "flexy" and it won't fly as well.

      Thanks again for your kind words, we hope to have our Mig35 up and available for purchase on our website very soon.

      Cheers,

      Scott

      Delete
  2. Bob,
    Adding my 2 cents here. I have been using Hitec 82MG for the elevons and the bulk TowerPro SG92R from Grayson. I've never had an in flight failure. I did have a RCTimer plastic gear quit working as a result of a bad crash. I had a Hitec pass the servo checker prior to install, it chattered and stuttered when attached to the receiver. It was hot glued in, real pain to get out and have to wait on a warranty exchange.
    I've been slowly trying to get away from my Hitec addiction. This defective servo has fully convinced me to switch. A substitute for the Hitec 82MG is the Turnigy MX-341S which are coming my way on the slow boat from Hobby King. I also ordered some HXT900 servos that are FliteTest's go to servos.
    Like you, I typically don't think far ahead and need my stuff now! I'm out of motors and servos and awaiting the slow boat.
    Stephan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott and Stephan,
      Wrote a reply, but I think I screwed up and it didn't get published.
      So I'll start again. I'm building the RCP F18V3 (free plans from his site!) and doing some mods. Tell me what you think.

      incorporating so called "frontarons" from the V4
      moved the motor mount forward 5/8" (a little PMI)
      made front part of elevons part of wing plate so it would not catch
      in tall grass
      used your rudder mods
      will keep servos out of prop wash and closer to cg

      Read your blog on offset horns. Back in the "old days" we used offset bell cranks for differential ailerons, less down more up, to counter adverse yaw. The principle is the same and can be applied to any control surface. A good radio will do the same.
      Like what your doing with the Mig 35. Looking forward for the plans but, it maybe a toss up between it and FRC SU35 MK2. At any rate, one or the other will be my next project.
      Thanks again for all the info and testing you guys provide. It saves people like me a lot of time and money and sad to say at your expense.

      Delete
    2. Hi Bob -

      Your mods on the F18 V3 look great. Just my $.02 worth on the "fronterons" on the F18 V4. The more I flew the F18 V4, the less I liked it. I found those fronterons caused more problems than they solved. Where I fly about 8 months of the year there is always some wind and I found that the fixed fronterons just caused me lots of issues with wind penetration and stability. Additionally, because I was unable to use KF4 style airfoils and was stuck using KF2 to conform to the V4 build, I found at times the F18 V4 was far more "floaty" in the wind.

      I know in my video I gave the V4 a fairly glowing review, but the more flights I logged with it, the less I liked it. I found the F18 V3 with KF4 airfoils and the top KF extended all the way forward along the LERX to be a much more stable setup for my liking.

      As you have probably read in this blog, I have done a lot of work modifying the FRC Su35 MK2. Obviously being part of the team that developed the Mig35 I can't really give you an unbiased opinion on which is best, but you can read my reviews on the Su35 MK2 and decide. I can honestly tell you though that comparing stock build to stock build, the Mig35 is a much better performer hands down and a simpler build.

      It is our pleasure to pass along all of the info from our testing and lessons learned. It gives us great satisfaction when folks like you participate in the blog and give us such great feedback, for us that is what it is all about, sharing experiences, ideas and helping each other out as we continue on this exciting RC journey.

      Good luck with your F18 V3 and future build.

      Cheers,

      Scott

      Delete
  3. Bob,
    Differential on ailerons! I tried experimenting with some differential with a fancy radio. I started with about 20 degrees. Oh boy! Glad I had some stick time and stayed away from the ailerons and was able to land safely. Two degrees differential on that plane, a Extra with a 60" wingspan and a .90 CID 4-stroke helped. Twenty degrees was not a good plan. I would definitely want the ability to vary the differential given my dull start.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete