Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

RCP Mig29 V4M3e3 update #3

Hi everyone -

Well I managed to get my butt in gear and finish off the air frame of my latest Mig29 V4M3e3.  It is all carved and sanded now, next step will be to dry fit the servos and electronics before painting.  I like to have those holes cut out before I paint the plane, just makes things look a little neater to my eye anyway... :)  Interesting to note, just for fun I weighed the plane before and after all the carving/sanding and lost a total of 10 grams/.35 oz.

Of course I couldn't help but snap a few comparison photos between the stock one and the new one.


Hopefully in the picture just below you can see the smaller, more scale size and shape of the new elevons that Stephan did such an amazing job of drawing up, I love how they look and I know they will perform great!


The next photo shows the differences in the tails.  As mentioned in a previous post, you can see the trailing edge of the vertical stabilizer/rudder is now vertical or perpendicular to the wing plate.  This helps accommodate the vertical rudders that Stephan and I prefer on our planes and also gives it more of an updated Mig29M/Mig35 look.  I must say that the more I look at it and the tails on our Mig29 V3M3e3 that I prefer this vertical look, it just looks cleaner to my eye... :)



So as long as too many other summer things don't get in the way over the next few days, I hope to have the paint finished and electronics installed, ready for maiden flight perhaps early next week... :)

Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment